Music City Cats Job Application
Pet Sitters for Cats
Here at Music City Cats, we’re looking for dedicated, hard-working self-starters who have a positive CAN-DO ATTITUDE when it comes to working with us and the CATS we love. We’ll be honest with you, this is the hardest job we know you’ll ever love. Especially if you love CATS as much as we do! We are a world-class ELITE PET SITTING SERVICE. We cater ONLY TO CATS, and cat-owners who’re willing to pay a premium for our top-of-the-line services.
We assign each of our clients a PRIMARY kitty sitter, so we can offer them continuity of care. Because of that requirement, this job isn’t a good fit for those people who already have full-time jobs, due to the times of day often required for our kitty visits. We need sitters we can count on TO BE THERE when our clients and their kitties need them. Here’s why...
Our clients rely on having the same sitter for their cats as often as possible. That’s where the continuity comes in. We assign one primary sitter for each of our clients. Of course, in the real world, we realize emergencies may come up that prevent a sitter from making their assigned kitty-visits. When those situations occur one of our other sitters can back you up in those unexpected situations. Yes, you will be able to plan for time off. But if for instance, if you can never work on a Monday (or some other specific day of the week), this won’t work for our needs because we cannot tell your clients they can’t travel on a particular day of the week because of your schedule.
Our cat-sitting sessions are usually 30 minutes in duration per visit, although we also offer 1-hour and 15-minute visits for those clients who request them. Visits are scheduled 1-to-2 times per day and will last as long as our clients are away from home. Clients requiring TWICE-DAILY visits require them to occur between the hours of 7-10AM and 4-8PM. For Once-A-Day visits, the schedules are usually more flexible.
Cat Care Specialist – Requirements to Be a Cat Sitter
- First, and most important. Please understand we are caring for living beings.
- Not all clients will always book with notice. For that reason, your schedule for the week could change on a daily basis.
- You will need a clean driving record with no DUI’s, multiple speeding violations or other safety-related violations.
- We require that you’re able to commit to working with us for at least the next 12 months.
- Understand that working evenings, weekends, and holidays (including Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and the days before and after) come with the job.
- For obvious reasons, a true LOVE for cats is this job’s greatest asset. That means loving and understanding cats, and knowing how to approach them.
- You must be able to pass a background/criminal check. Our clients will be trusting you with their cats as well as their homes. (We do not check our sitter’s credit history.)
- You should be a responsible individual, have common sense, and can work largely unsupervised.
**IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INSULIN INJECTIONS AND SUBQ FLUIDS OR ARE WILLING TO LEARN, THIS IS A PLUS!!**
|PLEASE NOTE: Working at Music City Cats is a great way for you to earn additional income. However, ideally, it should not be your sole source of support. Cat sitting is a cyclical enterprise That means some periods are very busy, while at other times, things may be very slow. If you are retired, working part-time, or simply looking for an occasional and rewarding way to make extra money, becoming a Music City Cats sitter could become, well…the PURR-FECT job for you!|
Think you may be the purr-fect fit for us? You may very well be, IF:
- YOU HAVE A FRIENDLY PERSONALITY AND PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE
- Love Cats and Understand Their Nature
- Recognize the Signs of Medical Problems or Illnesses Common to Cats
- You are over 25 years of Age (required for bonding and insurance)
- Are available for work 7-days-a-week (this does not mean you work every single day)
- Willing to drive in a roughly 6 to 8-mile radius
- You have a flexible schedule that allows you to work morning, midday and evenings for our cat visits
- Enjoy Working Unsupervised
- You are able to remain calm & flexible
- You are a well-organized individual
- You are able to follow detailed instruction
- You have an insured and reliable automobile and don’t mind driving in traffic, when necessary
- You are mature & level-headed with plenty of common sense
- You own a SmartPhone and check your Email frequently
- You are able to work ALL major holidays (Holiday pay and bonuses are given for working those special days.)
Currently, we are hiring for the following zip codes. If you don't live in one of these zip codes your application will not be considered
37203, 37204, 37206, 37208, 37209, 37212, 37215